Hey Uta Sews followers! Ending February and starting March! 🙂
Planning your wardrobe intentionally! Yes!!! That’s what this detox is all about! And guess what? You don’t need any subscriptions, no weekly commitment and you can start anytime! 🙂
As you get on a role with your 2018 goals, plans, aspirations and resolutions, whatever you may call it I would like for you to consider your wardrobe and the changes you would like to make.These changes can be to continue to develop where you are at or they can be to review and revamp. Where are you on that scale?
Continue to Develop………………………………………………………………….Review & Revamp
Believe it or not your wardrobe says a lot about you and how your personality shows up every day in your various settings. Don’t get me wrong… it doesn’t define you but it does speak volumes, especially when you are not speaking literally.
I am somewhere on that continuum. I am not quite sure as my wardrobe continues to evolve. What I can say though is that I know what is missing. I know.. If I know what is missing why don’t I just fix it? Well it’s not that easy or simple but I have decided I need to make some strides towards that. Becoming intentional.
I always saw myself as an intentional shopper. You know, deals are on so I choose wisely depending on my needs and not wants. This changed drastically at some point. I started going for deals and adding pieces that were either too repetitive and not functional or sometimes the wear and tear was not good :(. I mean really, how many pair of blue jeans does one really need?…lol When I say “things changes” that’s what I am referring to. So While I was getting items at good deals, the question still remained whether they met my wardrobe needs? Did they fit my sense of fashion? Did I love these pieces? You get the picture now. So here are some things I want you to do as you think wardrobe detox at the start of the year. I know its February… so hopefully it’s not too late to add something else to your list if its not there already! 🙂 Think about it though, it’s a good one. Happy wardrobe, happy life! 🙂 Okay…maybe not that dramatic. You know what I mean. :). Here it goes, three questions:
- What’s in your closet?: I mean, come on. You know the theory of don’t go grocery shopping on an empty stomach? Well let’s flip that, don’t go shopping with a full closet! Especially when you don’t know what’s in it. 🙂
- What’s your style?: Do you know your style? Your preferred pieces? You know, the ones that you live in daily, weekly? Your weekend favs? Your office go tos. For someone like myself who went through a period of dress rehearsals ( I still do at times..lol).I think I have an idea now of those pieces.
- What’s missing?: Are there pieces that you can think of right away that you would love to see in your closet but they are not there? Have you ever got dressed, wish you could wear something else and thought you owned that missing piece of garment but later realized you never bought it? ( That might just be me..lol .. it happened alright). You know what I mean!
So what’s my challenge since I have asked you to think of the above three questions? Well it’s simple. If you felt totally comfortable with your answers to question 1 and 2 then you are in a good place and perhaps you are continuing to develop and improve your wardrobe and style. Feel free to share your thoughts on that below. 🙂
On the other hand, if you didn’t feel too good about question 1 and 2 then it’s time to plan the review and revamp strategy for your closet. Yes!! Review and revamp. You get to do this on your own terms and in your own time. I am just here to prompt you to think and then act on it! 🙂 Question 3 goes across the board from the wardrobe confident to the wardrobe “I am still figuring it out”. There is always something missing.
What’s next for me?
With my goal of infusing my handmade pieces into my wardrobe I have to be more intentional about what I make for myself now. So guess what…review and revamp! I will update you as those changes occur.
Here’s what I would like you to do.
I would love to hear from you on what you thought of my little exercise! 🙂
As a bonus for individuals who are willing to drop me an email at email@example.com or Private Message me on instagram with:
- Your top 5 summer staples
- If you could wear one outfit all summer what would that be and why?
Send me your response in an Private Message/email for a chance to be entered into a draw for one of my handmade pieces! 🙂 Stay connected on my social media @amshina on instagram and here on the blog for details on the giveaway :).
Wishing you an awesome March!
Thanks for stopping by.